Thursday, April 9, 2015

Awesome trick for making full coverage foundation look like skin

If you've read my previous post about glowy skin from a matte foundation, you know I'm a fan of the as my mummy would say "not dead" look. Don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against a matte look but I don't like it too matte. For the most part, I like my foundation to (1) look like skin and (2) look natural with a slight sheen to it.

I recently watched a video by gossmakeupartist that talked about using a drop of oil (any sort) into your foundation and it will sheer it out but not sheer it out. It's a paradox for sure. It changes the texture of the foundation but the finish becomes beautiful and it looks like real skin.

I have a few foundations that are too thick and too heavy on me because they are very matte or very full coverage. These foundations just don't work as well for me, but I want the full coverage from the foundation without it looking cakey.

The two foundations of mine that come to mind that are like that are my Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous foundation, which I talked about in a previous post, and my Makeup Forever HD Foundation. People rave about how wonderful the MUFE HD Foundation and I have been trying to make it work for me because I do like a full coverage foundation, but without the cakey full coverage look.

Then I stumbled upon the video by gossmakeupartist and he said this tip would change my life. It did! He was not joking. When I use this tip, my skin practically GLOWS! In fact, it looks so good that I don't even feel like I need to powder, although I do, because I like to set my foundation, but I use a powder that has a very natural sheen and is not matte, for that I use my NYX Stay Matte But Not Flat powder.


So what do you do? You take your foundation, for me it's the MUFE HD Foundation, which I use two pumps of and one drop of any type of oil. I use my Tarte Maracuja Oil because that's what I have. It doesn't matter the type of oil as long as it is an oil that is safe for the face. Then you mix the oil and foundation together (I just use my fingers and rub them together), once mixed you apply to your skin.


If you are in Australia and can't get hold of the Tarte Maracuja Oil, you can also consider the Swisse face oils, ranging from their Bio Active Oil, their Maracuja Oil and their Argan Face Oil. Those would work fine too and they are easily available at any Priceline.

The benefit besides the fact that your very full coverage foundation changes texture and becomes beautiful and skin-like, is that adding that drop of oil also give you some extra moisture. My mum adds the drop of oil when she feels her skin is being particularly dry and she wants a little more hydration. She says it works great.

The only problem I have found with this technique is that the foundation does not last all day. I would say that I notice it starting breaking down after about 3 hours and you'll need to touch up after about 5 to 6 hours. If I need something that lasts all day, I will go with another foundation where I don't need to add a drop of oil into it. This is a fantastic technique and look if you only need your foundation to last a few hours for a special outing - lunch, dinner or party.

Here's a couple of pictures of what my skin looks like using this technique and the products I mentioned above. These were taken at different times when I wore the same foundation. Love. Love. Love. Notice the healthy skin-like glow without looking shiny or oily? What do you think?



Do you like your foundations matte, dewy or somewhere in between? Let me know. I'd love to know. 


Find me around SOCIAL MEDIA:
Deanna's World Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/langshipley
Deanna's World blog: http://deannasworld1.blogspot.com.au/
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/langshipley (this is the best way to reach me, I will always respond to this the fastest).
Twitter: @langshipley https://twitter.com/langshipley
Instagram: @langshipley http://instagram.com/langshipley
Pinterest: https://pinterest.com/langshipley/
Cooking blog: http://dazinthekitchen.blogspot.com.au/

No comments:

Post a Comment