Monday, August 17, 2015

Author Interview & New Release: Gamma Rift (The Trans-Galactic Insurrection #1) by Kalli Lanford

fc


Gamma Rift
The Trans-Galactic Insurrection #1
by Kalli Lanford
Release Date: August 17
Genre: New Adult
Publisher: Entangled Embrace Imprint

Buy Links:  Amazon | Barnes & Noble | iTunes | Kobo | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada


Synopsis


His secret (alien) crush...

I may be a Prince, but there are things that trouble me about my father's royal rule-the forced abduction, experimentation, and torture of alien creatures. The king has a new prisoner who's a carefully kept secret...

There's a young female who belongs to a little-known civilization I have been studying extensively. They are human, belonging to a small, undeveloped planet called Earth. She is pretty in a way I find unusual and compelling. Sometimes I sneak into the adjoining cell and we talk about everything and nothing, even as I find myself yearning to touch her strange, soft skin.

Skin that is being subjected to invasive tests and experiments. A body that's scheduled for a live dissection in fifteen days. And a life that will be terminated unless I risk my future and life to help her escape...

Before we get started on the interview with Kalli, be sure to check out this fabulous book trailer she created. It made me want to read the book quick smart. Probably one of the best book trailers I've seen in a long time




Goodreads


Author interview

I'm delighted to have Kalli join me to anwer a few questions for the blog. Please give her a very warm welcome ...

Tell us a little about yourself and your background?
I’m a native San Diegan, so I’m used to warm weather and little rain. I’m a wimp when it comes to temperatures below 72 degrees although I survived Ireland in April. I’m married, and my husband and I have one son, who is seventeen. I have a BA in English and a MA in education, both from San Diego State University. I love hard rock music, Sherlock, The Walking Dead, and Game of Thrones. Yes, I cried when John Snow died. Bummer!

What is your most recent book about? (the one you are promoting now)
The majority of GAMMA RIFT takes place on a planet called Enestia. The main character, America, is abducted by aliens and taken there in order to be studied and eventually dissected alive. Yikes! But the prince of the planet, Garran, is sympathetic to her plight and visits her daily. During those intimate talks, they realize they have a lot more in common than they could have ever expected. And by the way, even though he is not human, Garran is crazy hot.

(Deanna): Ooo ... I love a crazy hot hero. I haven't read the book yet but I hope he doesn't have purple skin. :-p

Give us an insight into your main character. What does he/she do that is so special? (for the current book that is being promoted)
America is a typical starving college student. She’s majoring in business and in the evenings she works as a barista at a coffee shop called Rock ‘n Robusta. One section of the coffee house is also a record store that sells vinyl. When she graduates from college, she plans to buy the coffee shop and start a chain. She’s also a virgin – not because she’s waiting until marriage but because she just hasn’t found someone who she wants to be that close with. She is a bit naïve, but at the same time, she head-strong, and knows what she wants.

(Deanna): Here's a little (not so) reading secret of mine ... I love reading virgins. I think it's a throwback to my days of reading bodice rippers ... yes, I'm showing my age!!

Which actor/actress would you like to see playing the lead character from your most recent book?
I could easily see Nina Dobrev as America. I’ve only seen a few episodes of “The Vampire Diaries,” but I remember thinking how beautiful she is. She fits the description of America. Nina is also a good actress with a great figure, and I think she could play the role of a strong, young woman.

nina
Picture courtesy of Flickr, creative commons license

(Deanna): Wow! She is gorgeous!!!

What are your current projects?
I’m currently working on GAMMA RIFT, book 2. The working title is STAR STRUCK. This book takes the reader back to Enestia, and it has a whole new cast of main characters. It’s been a blast to write except for the first scene, which is pretty disturbing.

Do you aim for a set amount of words/pages per day?
When I’m exclusively writing and not also working on edits for another book, I give myself the goal of 35 to 50 pages a day. I’ve found that without a goal, it’s harder to motivate myself to write after I’ve been at my day job for 6 hours.

If you could have been the original author of any book, what would it have been and why?
That would be J.K. Rowling. I love the world and the characters she created. Why didn’t I think of that?

What is your favourite motivational phrase?
This may sound kind of corny, but when I was a senior in high school, and I had to submit a favorite quote for my senior write up, I chose:
“It doesn’t matter who you are; it’s what you do that takes you far.”
It’s from the 1984 song “Over and Over” by Madonna. Yeah, I know, I’m dating myself, but I still really like that line.

(Deanna): I love that you picked a line from a song. Songs had a huge impact on me in my early years.

Which famous person, living or dead would you like to meet and why?
I would love to meet Michael Hutchence. He was the lead singer of the band INXS. He committed suicide in 1997. I loved his music, and I had such a huge crush on him. He was absolutely sexy. Wow, if I could go back in time and meet him, I’d go to 1991. INXS performed at Wembly Stadium. He was at his prime, and the concert (I watched the video) was amazing. To be in that audience and have back stage passes to meet him, would be the ultimate meet and greet.

(Deanna): Wow, how interesting. I would never have thought to pick a singer.

What advice would you give to your younger self?
I would tell myself not to worry so much about what others think of me. If I could do junior high all over again, I wouldn’t allow myself to get picked on by the bitchy, popular girls. Now I’d know what to do and say in order to end their ridicule. That might include punching one of them in the face, but I’d have the guts to do it now. I wish my younger self would have cold cocked the leader of the bitches.

(Deanna): I often think "if only I knew then ..." I feel like I've finally hit my stride as a person in the last year or so.

Thank you so much for dropping by Kalli. I loved learning more about you and what you're working on.


Author Info


jsKalli Lanford, a native of San Diego, California, grew up hanging out at the beach and playing sports.  When she’s not nerding out at San Diego Comic-Con, she can be seen doing normal-people stuff like teaching high-school English, cooking delicious meals for her family, and attending her son’s football games.  In her spare time, she new adult fiction and loves listening to hard rock.  She hopes to live long and prosper, and that you will, too.

Author Links:  Website | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads | Instagram | Newsletter






Find Deanna around SOCIAL MEDIA:
blogger  blogger  rss  facebook  twitter  instagram  email  youtube  pinterest  google+  goodreads

4 comments:

  1. Oh I love this cover - the colors really grab the eye. I don't normally read alien books but I may try this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the cover. I'm a huge sci fi romance fan. I just hope this alien hero isn't purple. I haven't read it yet, so I'll find out. :-p

      Delete
  2. Hi Deanna and Bambi. Thank you. I love the cover, too. Garran isn't purple, but you won't believe what he looks like. I won't spoil it and tell you here :) Kalli

    ReplyDelete