Saturday, October 24, 2015

Beauty Bites #2 - tools and lip products

Welcome back to another instalment of Beauty Bites. This week there's a bit of variety. A hair tool (okay, it's a hairbrush!) and some makeup products.


Wet Brush

rtbstarstarstarstar 4 of 5 stars


  • Super soft intelliflex bristles
  • Detangle hair with ease, even when wet
  • For any kind of hair, thick, curly or straight
  • Great for extensions and wigs
  • Works on wet and dry hair

The first time I used this brush, I thought "where have you been all my life?" My very good friend, Bambi recommended it to me for wet hair and said it is great for detangling without harming or breaking the hair. I agree with her, it is great.

It does a fantastic job of gliding through the hair and taking out the kinks after I've conditioned it. The way it glides through the hair is like magic. I don't know how it does it or what kind of technology they use in the bristles to make it glide like that. It slides through the hair like butter.

The only thing I don't like with the brush on wet hair is it takes forever to get through all the hair and I get impatient. I've gone back to using my old detangling comb for my hair when it is wet and has conditioner in it because I feel like I have more control and it is faster but I love it for wet hair after I get out of the shower and I've towel dried my hair. I love the way it feels gliding through my wet hair and how it brushes it without any breakage.

I would recommend this brush to anyone. It's easily available on Amazon and ships worldwide.



Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream

rtbstarstarstarstarstar 5 of 5 stars


  • An efficacious soothing cream for face & body
  • Provides recovering, pacifying & revitalizing benefits
  • Contains super emollients & antioxidant Vitamin E
  • Helps shield cracked dry skin even on hands, elbows, knees & feet
  • Relieves minor skin irritations, sunburn, windburn, scratches & abrasions
  • Leaves skin eased, revived & comfortable

I've been a fan of the Eight Hour Cream since I was a little girl. My mother used to use it every morning on her lips and I remember sitting next to her at her dressing table and watching her put it on. She used it on everything from dried lips to cracked cuticles and even to soothe burns on skin. It's truly a magic cream.

Since I've been old enough to buy my own makeup products and able to afford it, I've always had a tube of Eight Hour Cream on hand. I love it as a lip balm and it's probably my favorite for dry, chapped lips. It is the best lip moisturizer I have ever used. I always hear reviews of people raving about the EOS lip balm or the Nivea lip balm or this, that or the other lip balm. Nothing compares to the Eight Hour Cream.

It goes on smooth, and it feels soft and comfortable on the lips. It's not greasy and it lasts a long time.

There really isn't anything else to say about it other than it's a great product and it does all the things it claims to do.

Go ahead, give it a try. You won't regret it.



Me Now Matte Waterproof Liquid Lipstick (from eBay)


rtbstarstarstarstar 4 of 5 stars


  • 38pcs/lot Makeup Lip Gloss Velvet Matte Waterproof Cosmetic Lipstick 38 Colors
  • The characteristics of this lipstick is non-stick cup ,no rub off. velvet matte surface . use olive oil or discharge makeup oil to discharge. And Lips will be a bit dry in the winter, so please use of it with lip balm. Thanks!
  • Want to be a make up talent? If you have it, it will come true.
  • It is absolutely safe for you to use them.
  • Please Note: that due to lighting effect and computer color, the actual colors may be slightly different from the pictur

eBay doesn't have a lot of descriptions for this product and there are many sellers selling the same thing. As you can see from the description above, I don't think the description was written by someone who spoke English as first language. Might not even be their second language. Please take the description with a grain of salt. :-)

I bought mine in a lot of 38 with all the colors available but you can also find sellers who sell them individually.

As a rule, I am rather skeptical of lip products or any makeup products of dubious branding coming from China for fear of poor quality and the potential of getting poisoned due to sub-par ingredients. I watched a lot of videos before taking the plunge on this one. One lady said she had been wearing them for many months with no adverse side effects. I can echo her sentiment and say I've been wearing these for a while now and it's been fine.

I will include links to videos of lip swatches and reviews of this product below so you can see what the various colors look like (38 colors is a lot). They came up to just under $2 a piece for me and this is a great way to get a great range of lip colors at a very affordable price.

The only proviso I will give on this product is you need to like the feel of liquid lipsticks, particularly the matte ones to like these.

These set and do not budge once they are set. They are matte and can feel quite dry on the lips, so you need to make sure your lips are well moisturized before using them. I usually apply a lip balm (see review above for a great lip balm!) at the start of my makeup routine and remove the lip balm prior to applying this liquid lipstick. If you leave the lip balm on, the lipstick will not set as well and will not last as long.

These liquid lipsticks are also quite sticky so if you are in the habit of smacking or rubbing your lips together frequently, you will not like it, as you lips will stick together. It's kind of a weird feeling but I don't mind it, and I don't rub my lips together much, so it's not a problem for me.

Here's a video review of the liquid lipsticks including lip swatches of selected colors.

And here are several videos of lip swatches by color family: Pinks, Nudes, Reds. This lady did a video on the coral / orange shades as well but it looks like she has deleted that video.



I hope you enjoyed this instalment of Beauty Bites. Is there anything you'd like to see a review on? Let me know.


Find Deanna around SOCIAL MEDIA:
blogger  blogger  rss  facebook  twitter  instagram  email  youtube  pinterest  google+  goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment